So.

Yesterday's show was far from what I had expected. As in, light years far far away from my expectations. Light years. It started at 7:30, and we got there at around 8. Parking was $7. Then the tickets were $15 each, and there were four of us. When we went in, I was ASTONISHED. In a bad way. It was a bar-club! Like, what the freaking fack? Everyone there was...coupled with someone else. Well, they were all twenty-something year-olds with nothing to do on a Friday night but go to a ridiculously pathetic "club". And the performers on stage weren't even Secondhand Serenade! So we just stood there in the back like freaking fools. And within a minute, I recognized that the guy right in front of us at the "souvenir stand" was JOHN VESELY, a.k.a. Secondhand Serenade. I was only pretty sure, so we were trying to make sure. So finally, we made a decision to leave, because that place was SO OVERRATED. And SO NOT OUR SCENE. We were the youngest ones there! Although on the ticket, it said "all ages." Pft. Anyway, we got that guy's "autograph" and two photos with him. I was thinking, "Oh, heck. If he was John Vesely, then cool. If not, then we wasted $67 to stand around at a wannabe bar-club like a couple of lost losers and left only with some stranger's signature within ten minutes." Well, essentially, it was a waste of money both ways. So we came out...and I was feeling so CRAPPY for the rest of the night. SO UNBELIEVABLY CRAPPY. It was a waste of time, money, excitement...blahblahblah. We didn't even get to see him perform, which was supposed to be the whole stupid point. And seriously, what kind of a name is "Knitting Factory" for such a place anyway? That name sounds like it's somewhere to gather and KNIT or something. Leave it up to businesspeople to be creative with titles.
That parking lot was FREAKISHLY CREEPY. When we first went in, I thought, "Wow, this lot's big and...crowded with cars." As we got to the lower level parking, I was FREAKED OUT. Deja vu, man. I honestly had a dream that involved a parking lot like that. Or it was possibly even that parking lot. And it was a scary dream. Not a nightmare, but just...yeah. Geez, that was one heck of a miserable night. I'm probably scarred for life by "shows" now. Next time, I'm going to have to make sure that bulletins and whatnot say "concert" and not "show." And that the tickets cost more than twenty bucks. I knew thirteen was too good to be true.

Workshop today was fun. We discussed a book. Or, well, essentially, ideas of the book Red Badge of Courage. It was quite an interesting seminar (I have to remember to look up that word, still.) with 14 students and two "teachers" in each room. The discussion in the room that I was in was meaningful and humorous at the same time, so it was all good.
Now I just have a whole bunch of homework to do, which I should be doing now, but I really don't feel like it.

I watched Gossip Girl. It was good! It just keeps getting better and better. Nate and Blair got back together, which I don't really like. I mean, Nate left her, and she went to Chuck, and then she leaves Chuck because Nate comes back to her, and now Chuck is left hurt :(
I know. It's just a show. But it's a good show.

The song With You is still stuck in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known