Shadows and Regrets

Unfortunately, I did not come up with that title myself. It's the name of a song that I just found and fell in love with :)
It's by Yellowcard, by the way.

This morning, I woke up before 10 (a surprise, yes) and began to do work for Deca. My battle buddy and I were working on one thing for about four hours, so one must be able to imagine how utterly, excruciatingly bored I was. I had to literally sit there for hours. But hey, we got studying done, though after about five long hours, we still have more to go. Gee, I sure can't wait for that. So basically, I've spent this whole day, the whole time I've been awake, anyway, on the computer. About six hours and twenty-five minutes at THIS VERY MOMENT.

Hmm, I realize that I like being home alone on a chilly, dark day. I focus better when I'm alone, and I feel more...obligated, I guess you could say, to work and get things done. Though, honestly, the only thing I've done today is, again, sit right at the computer.

I did have something interesting to talk about today...
What was it, now?

This has probably been mentioned before, but here it is again:
Life's pretty coincidentai, if you think about it. Just yesterday, while I was on the computer, my friend called and asked me the word for "long life", which was (Can you guess it?) longevity. Then about five minutes thereafter, I came across the word while I was reading my history book. Ain't it coincidental? Rather fascinating, as well.

I think at this very moment that my favorite Yellowcard song is "Rough Draft". "Shadows and Regrets" is the runner-up :)

A sentimental movie would be good now...

So, about Sunday. I think I've pretty much memorized most of the song I'm going to play. The part that my teacher told me to just omit, I'm still working on. It just sounds so incomplete without what's supposed to be there. I mean, when I first started working on the song and just played the first part, it sounded okay, but then now, knowing that there is a second part to it, I just don't feel right not playing it, you know? It's incomplete, a loose end. And like one of my favorite fictional characters, Remy Starr (maybe one less "r"), I don't like loose ends. Thus, I'm going to try to do that last part as well. It might be a nice surprise to my teacher. Or...maybe not. I hope I play it well, as much as I say that I don't care.
Huh. Maybe, sometimes, the people who say that they don't care are the ones who care the most.
Regardless, I suppose I do care just a tiny bit now. I have two more days. Well, one and a half, seeing as how today's already half over.

My fingers were just at pause on the keyboard, my eyes staring aimlessly to my left...
I guess I've run out of things to say.
For now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known