Because I Feel Like It

It's been four days since I last blogged, and that feels like way too long. And although I don't particularly know exactly what I might talk about here tonight, I'm blogging because I feel like it. Currently, I am listening to "Her Words Destroyed My Planet" by Motion City Soundtrack.

About half an hour ago, I came back from ROCK hangout at V's home. I had expected games and conversations, but it was just a handful of us--mostly girls--watching television or arguing about what to watch on it. Food included pizza, tortilla chips, and orange juice. And then mango cake for dessert, which looked far too sweet for me to try, so I didn't. Yay, me.

For the past week or two, I have been craving Mexican food. I hope N and I go to Dino's tomorrow so we can satisfy both of our cravings. And I hope there will be some good talking going on then, because this obvious shortage of communication yesterday and today is killing me. I've already discussed how important communication is to me, so there's no need to reiterate it.

Even though I had a choice, I can't believe I actually said yes to working on Sunday. And then I signed up to work an event from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Monday, after my 9:45-5:15 p.m. shift. On my last week of work, too! I must be crazy. I've been thinking about whether or not I should keep the job, though. They emphasize how easy it would be for me to become a permanent employee and how flexible they can be with my school schedule, but do I really want to work on weekends and have school on weekdays and no social life at all? On top of that, UCLA and USC (which the Science Center is adjacent to) are on opposite sides of town! In addition to opposite sides of many things, needless to say. I suppose I have a few more days to ponder this and decide. Otherwise, my working time with CSC officially terminates on the 27th.

I need to run. Run, run, run. If not to train, then at least to exercise. Gosh.

Hmm, it appears I have run out of writing fuel. Now it's time to continue reading Mercy by Jodi Picoult. I will finish by the end of this weekend! Only 1/3 of the book left.

Sometimes it is the person closest to us who must travel the furthest distance to be our friend.
~Robert Brault

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known