Antemarathon

-ante: before

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/hsc4266l.jpg
The marathon will begin in roughly 23 hours and 36 minutes. I am so jittery. Again, I'm so excited, so anxious, so nervous, so apprehensive, so... Well, I don't know if I'm ready. But I'm looking forward to waking up at 4:30 a.m., walking to Dodger Stadium, taking forever to take one SRLA picture, pinning on my running bib, waiting in line to use the porta-potty(ies), then standing amongst a crowd of 25,000 runners probably just as excited, anxious, nervous, apprehensive as I. Was I being sarcastic? I think not.
I have not felt this kind of jittery excitement or whatever it may be an exotic concoction of in an unmentionably long time.

I have good news, though. The University of Chicago rejected me. :)
You might find it extremely odd that I am happy to receive a rejection letter--my first rejection letter. I mean, email. Last night, R asked me if I had yet heard from U Chicago because somebody else had already heard, so he checked my email for me and told me the news. And it did not faze me at all. I was actually glad. Do you know what that means? It means that I never really wanted to go there in the first place. Quite frankly, I now realize that I applied simply out of curiosity. Plus, this narrows down my list! Waitlisted at WashU, which I'm not going to do anything about, and rejected from UChicago, which I can't do anything about. Now waiting on eight more private schools and one UC that I probably won't even attend either anyway (that's UC Berkeley, in case you haven't already guessed).
Okay, I hope that the previous paragraph will not ruin my future chances of acceptances... haha.

I AM SO EXCITED.

The marathon expo today sucked, though. The shirts were nice, but that they ran out of larges for female shirts and smalls for male shirts sucked! The female mediums are unbelievably tight, while the male mediums are boyishly loose. I traded the former for the latter simply because if it's tight, I won't be able to wear it at all. That is, of course, unless I turn to an unhealthy habit that involves little to no food for me. But no thanks. And all the stuff that was free last year had to be paid for this year. EVEN THE DARN POSTER. What is up with that?! Fifty dollars for one poster on paper?! Geez. I thought that the LA Marathon had so many sponsors for a reason--one of which is definitely not charging $50 for a poster. Obviously, I did not buy one.

So I came back, then went to Noodle World and ate about half the spicy spaghetti with beef. Then went home (loosely speaking) and played PS3 games for nearly two hours. What a good way to relax, I say.
Then came home to read the book, which I still have yet to finish, by the way.
I plan to sleep before... 9:30? 10:00?

Runners just do it--they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first.
-Anonymous

While running, I shall keep the following in mind:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known