Post-marathon

The marathon wasn't bad. In fact, it was good. Quite frankly, though, the scenery didn't live up to my expectations. I didn't even see the darn beach after I passed the mile 25 banner because there was so much fog! "Oh, look down at that pretty... Wait, what beach?" said J. But yeah, the marathon route this year was much better than last year's, although some parts were very familiar from either the previous marathon or the previous City of Angels half. I finished in approximately six hours and 50 minutes, about half an hour earlier than last year, and I felt very tired and cranky right afterward. But yesterday, the day after, I felt great. Sore, but great. Another marathon for me!

Now I kind of still want to try the San Diego Rock n' Roll marathon on June 6. But we shall see, haha.

I don't particularly feel like writing or blogging today, but I thought I would do this just to give a brief and vague update about the run. I hope that I don't lose motivation to run just because it's over, though. Running's good for the soul. My soul, anyway.

I just wanted to formally declare how much I dread going back to school tomorrow. I stayed home today in hopes of resting, but woke up still feeling sleepy but unable to go back to sleep because my BG just had to be low.
Not until past noon did I actually resume my lit assignment. And not until many hours of breaks and et cetera did I actually finish it. Now I have to start the bio research paper. Joy, oh joy.
Again, this senioritis thing is really getting to me. I no longer even like school! On the other hand, it's no fun staying home alone, either. There are only so few things you can do on the Internet everyday... Man. I am willing to give up spring break if I can graduate right after AP exams, for which there are no incentives anyway.

I really am not enjoying this at all.
Just wait until antibody formation... Darn paper.


Senioritis

June 8, 2005 Urban Word of the Day

noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as Graduation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known