After All

I have given up so much for this
Time, effort, priorities
Thinking that I would finally come across
Something long-lasting, something good
But like every other time,
Despite how much I have put forth for it
And how little I have put forth for myself,
I end up with nothing after all.
Nothing at all, after all.

Isn't it sad? From time to time, I realize that it is indeed a bit sad--or immensely disappointing, at least--to end up with nothing at all after you have worked so hard for something you thought was going to be tremendous for you. And it is even more painstaking when you witness somebody else getting what you wanted, especially if that person has not worked nearly as hard as you have. Seemingly, anyway. Ugh, I feel so very frustrated. Even "Days of Our Lives" could not fix my frustration these past few days. And you all know how much I enjoy my soap opera.

Deca has been one of the major things on my mind. I can tell you, though, that today's speech/interview/essay part of the competition went very well, and not just for myself. The essay, I could have done a much better job on, but I shall not dwell on that. I would like to believe that the interview and speech afterward compensated for it, though. During my interview, one of the two judges asked me a sort of tricky question... something like, "There are so many issues in society. What do you, as an aspiring journalist, think you would like to focus on?" Let's just say I could have answered that in addition to "How would you like to give back to your community?" better. But otherwise, it went very well. Before that, though, while I was sitting outside, waiting for them to call me in, one volunteer ran to the volunteer for my room and asked if he knew where the nurse's office was because a student was having an asthma attack. Nobody knew where the nurse's office was, and it took a while before they were finally able to contact someone actually in charge around there. It was scary, to say the least. Eventually, though, the paramedics arrived and brought him into an empty room and took care of him. I hope he's okay. :(

I guess that's all that I want to say for tonight, although it is far from what I have to say.
I still feel so down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known