Updated FRUIT Series

(So, a series. Just like I had "promised" a few days ago.)

Greetings, everyone. So, here is my up to date Fruit series:


I. (3.3.08)
Call us kooks
But my friend and I are in love with fruits
Pineapples, watermelons, and bananas are our favorites
We like how they look and how they taste
But things are a'changing around here

Pineapples and watermelons
I realize I can live without
As for bananas,
They're not for me to talk about
Pineapples are ostensibly bland
They need sugar and spice
Watermelons go hand in hand
With a paper bowl of tasty white rice
As for bananas,
They're not for me to talk about
Pineapples I used to like
Watermelons used to easily entice
Now neither can hardly suffice
As for bananas
They're not for me to talk about.

Oh, ponder thy thoughts
Beware, for this thought will make thy heart drop
Now letting go of bananas because they cause her stress
She's beginning to like them less and less
She saw through the bright yellow skin
And the demeaning abundance of potassium
As for pineapples and watermelons
I've already spoken of them.

Pineapples, watermelons, and bananas
They are the fruits of our lives
But soon they will be out of season, out of mind
When new fruits come along
I will have to write another verse, another song.

II. (3.3.08)
Pineapples, watermelons, and bananas
Here I am writing another verse, another stanza
For now I don't miss them
'Cause for now they're still in season
Still ripe and still there
Not yet bruised, probably not for another year.

III. (3.6.08)
Wait, hold your thoughts
Beware, for this thought might make your heart drop
Now letting go of every fruit because they cause her stress
She's beginning to like them less and less
She saw through the tangy skin
And the demeaning abundance of vitamin
As for all other fruits
Forget them too.




And for now, that is it. Notice how I wrote two of them on the same day. And had three days of blissful writer's block. The last one, written today, was a "quick fix" of one of the stanzas in the first one. Also notice how the tones and points of view change...
Gosh, perhaps I'm sounding like your English teacher right now.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed them, however odd it may seem to you that I've been writing about fruits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known