Adrenaline

Well, okay, by now, it's all been gone. But I was having so much fun prior to dinner accompanied by an unhappy mother! Um, exclamation to the fun part, not the dinner with mother part. Anyway, surprisingly, I did get to discussing the giving a hug or hugging matter with some people. And apparently, GUYS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. Every guy that we've asked initially (and some still) thought that they're both the same. But they're not. Then again, none of us girls could come up with a viable explanation of the difference(s). It was one of those things that one inherently understands but cannot coherently describe. Especially to a guy. But! I did successfully come up with a good explanation (although it's based on more of a physical understanding rather than the emotional one I was looking for) at one point:
Hugging is when they, well, hug you out of "nowhere". (I quote nowhere because nothing comes out of nowhere. Duh.) Giving a hug is extending your arms and giving that other person a choice. And...yeah. I'm a genius, I know. But I still have to figure out the different level of it. And I obviously cannot depend on a member of the male species to do that.

You know, as I was taking a shower, I thought that maybe I should major in Gender Studies, considering how constantly I come up with these things and attempt to analyze people's answers and how they compare and contrast based on the gender of the answerer. I have a feeling I lost you somewhere around "analyze"... Huh.
But, no, thanks. I'll take English and Psychology :)

One of the many pet peeves of mine is poking. Seriously, why must people POKE other people? I already detest tapping, but I think I'd prefer that over POKING. What. Is. The. Point? It's unbelievably annoying. And it's not like it never hurts, either! Some people fatally underestimate their strength. So there you go. Poking: it's painful, and it's annoying. Don't do it!
Ha, I just made a new rule. Way to go, me.

A while ago, when my adrenaline was at its peak, what with all the exciting AIM conversations I was having, debating the topic of hugging versus giving a hug, I told one of my friends that if I didn't know myself and I read this blog, I would probably fall in love with myself! Something along that line. Not to be conceited or anything. But yes, I just might fall in love with myself, haha. It occurred to me the day after I did my "I am fabulous because..." speech for Deca that I'm pretty good at being conceited! Not that I am. Am I?
Don't you just love how use questions as rebuttals to my own statements?

Speaking of speeches, I think my speech for this upcoming year for Deca will be...or, well, the TOPIC.. will be the ironies of life. Originally, I most wanted to do something about growing up and the "stages of life"... but out of the three topics that I turned in, the coach thought that the ironies of life would be good. Actually, she commented, "Could be good!" So I'm taking her word for it. It definitely could be good. If I wanted to make it so.

And, okay, the yelling mother once again concludes this post.
Two in a day. Yay...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known