Does England have a fourth of July?

That's a question that one might find on an IQ (intelligence quotient) test. And the answer to that question is yes.

I cannot believe that it's already the third of July and I have not yet blogged. It's been four days! Possibly more. I don't feel like doing math at the moment. It is currently twelve minutes prior to cuatro y media de la tarde, and I am not doing anything else (obviously). I should be reading for Deca or English or something useful pertaining to homework in preparation for my junior year in high school so that I may do better and thus attain satisfactory enough grades so that I acquire better chances of acceptance into the schools that I wish to attend for my post-secondary education. Oh well. I'll start that some other day. (Ha.)
On a more serious note, I have begun chapter cinco of Bless Me, Ultima. It's actually a highly interesting book. From chapters one through three, I would stop every time I came across a Spanish word I did not know. And now, I just breeze through it, thinking I'll look it up when I have a dictionary nearby. I wonder how the story is going to unfold. Even now, fifty or so pages into the book, I feel like I'm still in the introduction; and I probably am.

I just turned on the television, with "Reba" on on Channel 5. You know, I know of only one other peer who watches this show and enjoys it. And that person is...whoever you imagine it to be. My favorite character is Reba, of course. I love her insults to Barbara Jean! They're hilarious. And the way BJ reacts (or doesn't!) to those insults... Classically funny.
Tennis has been on Channel 4 for a long time now. Just the other day, I was thinking, "Hmm, I never see Asians playing tennis at Wimbledon!" And today, Zheng Jie from China (obviously) was playing Serena Williams. I don't know who won, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't live anyway.

Van: "It is hard work being witty."
He's a pretty funny dude too.

So what did you do today?
Huh. Funny you should ask. I was just about to tell you!
I woke up at 7:10 today, wondering if I was still going to go jogging con mis primos. So I called them and we decided to just go to the park. After about an hour and a half (you could round that up to two), we finally got to the park and we did the usual: basketball, badminton, basketball, et cetera. Plus cards. Actually, I didn't play. Yesterday, though, we played for prunes (which are dried plums). Whoever lost had to eat one prune. I ate three total (two from cards and one from badminton); and then several more on my own free will. And I will let you know that prunes make excellent laxatives as well.

"Just say you'd like to make a toast, and then hold up a piece of bread."
Hahaha! Reba was saying that she didn't have any wine left to make a toast with, so Van told her that.

Quite frankly, I don't really have anything good to talk about...
I have gotten quite a lot darker over the past two weeks. I learned from somebody the other day that tans can actually be...untanned. By staying out of the sun for an extended period of time. Simple as that. You know, perhaps I'll just become nocturnal. Nah, not really. Anyway, I've seen these commercials for Garnier something that "reverses sun damage." Interesting.

Oh...a new episode of "Smallville" tonight at nine! I want to watch it! Too bad I never get back before 10... One more week, and I shall be done! Kind of.

"Honey, why are you running the water so long?"
"It's my inspiration to peepee!" Haha. From "My Wife and Kids."

You know, I can no longer even try to persuade myself that there is plenty of time left in the summer for me to do whatever it is I need to get done. I am so acutely aware that there are less than ten weeks before the new school year begins. And not surprisingly, I have not begun anything, really.

Agh. Since I apparently do not have anything the least bit interesting to talk about, I'll just go prepare to ir a la escuela later.

On Poker:
"If, after the first twenty minutes, you don't know who the sucker at the table is, it's you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known