July



I can't believe it's July already. I don't believe that time has ever passed so quickly as it has since I began college. Add to that my utter uncertainty, and, well, there we have a disaster! (Okay, a bit of an exaggeration, but it's okay.)

The past few weeks have been quite hectic, yet monotonous, in that I now feel that I live only two types of days: work and non-work. All my work-days are the same in that I wake up, eat something or get something to eat, and go to work. Then I come home in the evening, eat dinner, and maybe go out for boba, or just rest. Non-work days, I wake up and go out to eat, stay out, come back, go back out, et cetera. I've been going out too much, I realize, and I need to have some days of just plain staying at home and relaxing (i.e. not driving at all). This lifestyle is getting quite tiring. I don't know how adults do it! Maybe they do it differently? I don't know. No matter what my age, I still have such a difficult time considering myself an adult because I'm still so dependent on my parents. Granted, I have gained an abundance of independence particularly since I started working two jobs this past year; and I'm quite certain it will only increase as I live the apartment life next year. Maybe this difficulty in considering myself an adult also has to do with the fact that I'm still a student. I instantly associate student with kid, and since I'm still a student, I feel--and act--in many ways like a kid. I don't know if this is even making sense.
I've been wanting to write a lot in the past week or two, but every time I sit down to write, I just don't know what to write about anymore. I've been thinking a lot the past week or two, but every time I think I want to talk about it, I just get frustrated because it's the same thing over and over and over again, and I'm just getting so tired of it. I never thought that I would tire myself of my own thoughts, but this cycle of confusion has not been doing me any good. While I often am glad that I can think analytically, sometimes I wish I could just...well, not. And stop analyzing and just move the heck on! Jeez...

On a brighter note, Daisy, Sherry and I finally made cream puffs yesterday. We followed the allrecipes.com cream puffs recipe and got great results! We also got pretty good feedback, yay. I think we'll make this again, but in the meantime, I'll look for other things to bake. And learn how to cook normal meals in preparation apartment life. I'm missing dorm food already. :(



I have so much more to say, but I'll write more next time. Must go to sleep now (was supposed to two hours ago) and wake up at 9:20 to catch the 10:30 a.m. showing of "Spiderman" tomorrow... Oh, the things we do for matinee...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known