1:12 a.m.

I'm sleepy, but I don't want to sleep. For the past two or three days, I have been waking up around eleven, yet I am still sleepy when I get off my bed! Ugh. I can't wait until I next wake up AFTER eleven, which, hopefully, will be this next sleep, since it is so late (early) and I am still awake and active(ly typing).

ROCK Luau was wonderfully nice. The performances were pleasant and/ or amusing, both very likable, enjoyable characteristics. And the food was okay. The pineapple "appetizer" was the best pineapple I have ever eaten. I usually avoid the fruit, but today, I just thought I would try it. Good thing I did, too, or else I would have missed out on some good fruit tonight!

So we are nearly done with moving everything out of 617. Subsequently, it's a mess here now. There are boxes and piles of stuff strewn around the living room floor as well as around the upstairs closet. Have I mentioned the garage? Oh, goodness, the garage is just full of things we don't know where else to put. We have so much stuff. It is insane and unsanitary. But the memories! Memories are so hard to throw out. :( Which is why we have been taking so long to clean/ pack at 617. But yes, almost done. And 3410 is officially home. Because you can't call a place that has no furniture or anything home.

Speaking of which, two days ago, while sorting through stuff and thinking the above, I began to wonder if a homeless person knows what "home" means or what a home is or what it consists of. They probably at least grew up in a home once upon a time. I wonder if they wonder or think about home, finding one, or having lived in one. Maybe the streets are their home? The local convenience store? Hmm. I wonder, I wonder...

Yesterday's interview was weird. The interviewer told me that she used to have crushes on her high school teachers, and since I didn't want to make her feel weird or anything, I said, "Oh, well, I think that's okay." And she replied, "Of course that's okay! I'm sure you've been through the same thing, too, right?" Since I didn't want to make the situation evidently awkward, I said, "Sure!" while really thinking, "Are you serious? What is this?" It was very weird.

Apparently, we are going to host a barbecue on Sunday. Usually, these holiday family barbecues are held at my dad's cousin's home, hosted by her various sons. But no... This one just has to be here because those relatives haven't seen the house yet! Boy, is it going to be even more awkward than the interview, because I don't even talk to any of those people! Usually, we go to the usual place and just sit or stand around while the other kids play video games together. What's going to happen this time around, huh? We don't have video games or even cable! Or television at all, albeit the television itself and a DVD player. And we don't have a backyard to barbecue in. Who barbecues on the front lawn? Sorry, that is just unheard of. So, Sunday evening shall be strangely interesting. At least there's no school on Monday. I dislike Mondays. I wonder if that dislike will continue in my working life, too.

But now... Less wondering, more sleeping. Actually, more like starting to sleep.
Good night, everybody!

Comments

Anonymous said…
homeless people probably value "home" more than some of us do.

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known