"Uncareful"

is the utterly ugly word I heard come out of a freshman girl's mouth on the bus ride home today. And she just kept talking! "...how can you be so uncareful? blahblah..." Geez, today's youth is in dire need of some English grammar and usage lessons.

Today was the La Puente Main Street 10K run. I probably walked almost one of the six miles, even though I had anticipated running the entire thing, and finished in one hour and eleven minutes, a forty-minute improvement from the same run last year. (At the LA half-marathon, I reached six miles in one hour and twenty minutes.) So, basically, I'm improving. For some reason, though, I'm just never good enough for myself. Maybe, in actuality, I'm not good enough, plain and simple.
Nah, that can't be it. I can't say that my expectations for myself are impossible, but I can probably viably say that they are high... higher than most people's for themselves, anyway. Ah, oh, well. I'm me and I'm ambitious until I reach disapointment, get over it, and restart the cycle. Yay.

Some jerk of a girl before the run today had dumbly and unknowingly dipped her hands in dirty water and upon finding out wiped her hands all over my back. And I don't even know her, to which she said, "I don't have to know you!" That was so uncalled for. I mean, it would be so much different if I did know her and she did that jokingly, but unluckily of her, she DOESN'T know me. Yeah, what a jerk. That is all I have to say.

Although I recently finished running six miles, I feel an urge to run more... At the historic park, where I can also take pictures not just for art class, but also for my enjoyment.

Okay, I must go get ready for my dentist (ha) appointment now. That, and a trip to Costco and Joann. Then maybe the park or somewhere, followed by bio corrections at home. Joy, oh joy...

Turn over that hourglass
And let me refill the better half, the better half

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known