Pretty Much

Yeah, I am pretty much addicted to watching this drama I have on DVD: "A Herbalist Affair." Actually, truth be told, it isn't a matter of addiction so much as it is a matter of...I have nothing better (I want) to do. Nonetheless, I enjoy it.

Another Friday night spent at home, doing nothing in particular. So today was Friday the 13th. Do people really believe in "Friday the 13th" superstitions? I know I never did and never will. Stupid superstitions. Hmm, looks like it's going to be a gloomy (weather-wise, as least) Valentine's Day weekend. Valentine's Day, otherwise sadly known as S.A.D.--single's awareness day. Oh, my. Oh, well.

Maybe I have an old people sense of humor, but today in English, I caught something funny from what Mrs. L said at the very beginning of the class. She was going to pass out packets of essays to us (the boring usual, the usual bore) for analysis and discussion when she noticed and said that she had only seven copies. Then, after claiming that she thought she had more, she pondered aloud, "That's odd." Needless to say, I was the only person who laughed... Do you get it? Seven copies...that's odd. Seven is an odd number! Hahaha, that was so hilarious. Nobody else even noticed it, though, not even Mrs. L herself! Dagnabbit.
And then yesterday in journalism, Mr. L out of nowhere, almost, declared, "I hear Chris Brown's new album is going to be a big hit!" For about five seconds, I sat there, assuming that he was being sarcastic, until I realized the pun. Ah, how punny-funny that was.

Speaking of which, Chris Brown is such a failure. What a wife beater! And not the kind you wear, either. Goodness gracious. I dislike him now. What a punk.

The other day while driving from Monterey Park to Alhambra or so, we saw quite a number of gyms in construction and thought, Finally, America is doing something about obesity. They're building more gyms...that nobody can afford! Goodness. ELAC's better because it's free. Although, it is considerably smaller, but whatever.

So my mother and I just finished the tenth episode of the drama, which means that we are about halfway done. And now she's watching another Chinese television show that I do not have a desire to watch.

Another three day weekend. Three day weekends are the best.

So March is going to be quite a month. According to Mrs. L, the UCSB trip is on either the second or the fourth (Monday or Wednesday, respectively). Who does field trips on Mondays...or Wednesdays, for that matter? I haven't gone on one since elementary school, I think. Oh, wait, there were a few (no more than four) in middle school. But whatever, we shall see. Then the 27th is high school journalism day at USC. At least that's a Friday.

I dislike the SAT.
As well as the ACT.
In addition to any other "standardized" test. What exactly are the standards anyhow? Standards are so unrealistic, when speaking of an elite few governing a massive population.

sigh. I still have to go shower, and it's already past nine. Oh, I want to cut my hair this weekend. We'll see how that turns out (or not); I've been wanting a haircut on and off for a while now, really.

http://crazy-frankenstein.com/free-wallpapers-files/flowers-wallpapers-files/flower2b.jpg

When love is not madness, it is not love.
-Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
-Albert Einstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known