Banana Juice

Why is there no such thing anyway? One offered reason is that perhaps it's too expensive. Obviously that person is oblivious to the relatively low price of bananas.

It is 9:34 P.M. and my parents are already telling me to sleep. And it's a Friday night! But I suppose that it is only fair since I did tell them that I have to take the ACT tomorrow morning. Why must such important tests be administered in the mornings anyway, dagnabbit? It feels like all I've been doing this week is study for exams, therefore I didn't study for tomorrow. It probably wasn't the most judicious decision, but I'm tired and I'm a lazy teenager, so sue me (no, not really, please).
Actually, I am quite sleepy. (High) school sucks. I would hardly call it education, because how much can thousands of sleep deprived students in an overpopulated, underfunded, deficient (in a large number of ways) school--ahem, place--learn anyway? Golly gee.

About twenty minutes ago, I told myself that I was going to step away from the computer at 9:30 and start studying. About eight minutes ago, I told myself that I was going to step away from the computer at 9:40 and start studying. About a minute thereafter, I questioned my meek declaration, if you can call it that. Oh, go figure, it's 9:40 now. I wonder what that must mean.

Oh, my, we went to Yogurtland again today for a class fundraiser. I'll be we were a few of the few idiots that actually went in such dangerously gloomy weather. What a shame. I mean, ten percent of however much (or, in this case, less) was purchased today will not turn out to be very much, I tell you. But whatever, something is better than nothing.

I used to deem myself poised, but probably not so much anymore. Very ofter now, I hit stationary objects (e.g. doors, walls, boxes...) and sometimes even discover highly mysterious bruises or cuts whose origins are always of questionable curiosity to me. For instance, when I was showering earlier, I felt an itch on my left arm, only to to my utter and unpleasant surprise discover a cut-looking thing in the vicinity of my elbow! Where in the world of clumsiness did that come from?! Geez.

Okay, it's 9:45. I shall really study now. For about fifteen minutes... I suck. But hey, I can't blame anybody but myself for wasting tonight's time the way I did.

Until next time, have a nice day/ evening.

Only the mediocre are always at their best.
-Jean Giraudoux



?"
-from The New Yorker

Comments

Anonymous said…
i like the comic.
its funny

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known