To Be Politically Correct

One should not say "Merry Christmas." Rather, it's "Happy Holidays." Hence, happy holidays to you all.
Okay, Merry Christmas, too.

My mother, sister and I were supposed to go "yum cha," but we ended up not doing so because my mother did not feel like going out and waiting in the rain, not that it is even raining that much. Oh, well. She went out to buy noodles, and I just finished eating lunch...or breakfast, whichever. Currently, I am doing this and watching the Suns v. Spurs game, which is getting good. The Spurs missed like, five shots in a row in the very beginning, and now they are four points away from tying. And then the Celtics and Lakers afterward! Yay! A Christmas gift for basketball fans, the news people called it yesterday. And indeed it is.

So now I can legally watch rated R movies, not that I ever get to watch movies, what with my paranoid mother (bless her) always assuming that the large screens are going to suck our eyesight right out of our eyes...something along that line. I still need to watch US history movies for history, so I might as well go watch "Frost/ Nixon" and then something else or something sometime soon.

sigh. I want to go somewhere or do something today. But I suppose that I have been doing enough for the past several days to compensate for today. I want to go to Borders; I've been having this utter craving for Borders for the past two weeks, and even though I went on Sunday and Tuesday, I still want to go! I long to work at Borders for the employee discount so that I can purchase and own all the more books. Books, books, books galore! Sarah Dessen, Jodi Picoult, everything, anything, yay! Oh, except religious books--those give me headaches, no offense at all intended. Anyway, I hope we can go to Borders and then some tomorrow, because tomorrow is the "new Black Friday" of the year, as Yahoo! calls it.
Then again, my former fondness for shopping seems to have diminished in the duration of the past two or three months. I simply no longer hold the same passion for walking around the mall without destination (or money!) for hours upon hours: just plain meaningless, I say. Borders, on the other hand, shines as an exception. I adore Borders and cannot wait to set foot in there again!

Hmm. What to do, what to do?
It's almost the end of December, which means that we are approaching a new year. I mean, the beginning of yet another year. The simple fact that we are replacing 2008 calendars does not necessarily mean that everything will become new. I mean, your old shoes will not suddenly whiten and shine; your cracked phone will not fix itself; you will still be you. The only difference between 2008 and 2009 is that last digit, you see? Other than that, everybody is going to live the same way that they always have. Generally, anyway. I don't believe that new year resolutions ever work. I mean, come on, it's America; how committed are we all really? Some people can't even finish high school!

Halftime is going to take a long time. Why not just call it...longtime? that wouldn't sound very correct, though, but whatever.

I want to go run right now, but the wet grounds will not allow, dagnabbit. Neither will the cold breezes, gosh darn it.
I wonder when SP will be back. I really, really want H&S right now; I really, really do.

Anyway, I realize that I have run out of news to tell you, so I will suspend this here. Until next time,
enjoy the last of 2008!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known