Deceit

The first thing that I thought to write: people lie too much. It's such a shame how deceitfully human beings behave. I mean, self interest most certainly does play a significant role, but must deceit also creep in and interfere and sometimes even overtake? Shame, shame, shame...
Oh, well, we all have to live with it in one way or another. Furthermore, if you're going to get over it sooner or later, why not sooner?

Earlier, I watched a bit of "Sound of Music". It seemed un-vaguely familiar, and then my sister reminded me that we had watched it a few years ago but I did not like it. Well, now I do. But too bad my parents got home and totally changed the channel. Therefore, now I cannot watch it anymore! And it was getting good, too. The "captain" was starting to fall for the "governess"! Dagnabbit.

So the other day, my sister contracted the cold from one of our baby cousins. Twas the afternoon of Christmas day while we were over at their home watching the Lakers v. Celtics game (because our mother kept changing the channel). After I discovered that J was sick, I tried my best to avoid her; after she took her medicine, though, she lied (or is it laid? I forget) on my lap to sleep and then continually coughed on me! That sick little girl kept coughing all over everything and everyone! I got really irritated and just moved away from her. At dinner, I absolutely refused to sit near her or eat or use anything she was near. (No, it's not paranoia, it's precaution!) I kept warning my sister, but I guess she just didn't listen.
And now that she's almost well, my dad is sick! sigh. I dislike being around sick people; it frightens me. Somebody claims that I think about it too much, that if I don't think about getting sick, I won't get sick. I highly doubt that. That, I think, is the attitude that makes people get sick! Not thinking about it, I mean. But hey, whatever mentality sinks your boat is perfectly fine with me. Just keep your distance if you're coughing, sneezing, or sniffling. No offense. :)

Homework, hmm. I haven't touched homework since yesterday at the library. I plan to finish up chemistry tomorrow. Then do, um, calc? on Wednesday or something. I really do not want to do calc, though. Hopefully I can take care of one of the two movies for history on Tuesday by watching "Frost/ Nixon" or something. Whatever English is, I do not care for too much at the moment. It sure involves a bunch of reading, though. Online reading; but still, I do not enjoy very much reading important things online. Journalism has been nagging the subconscious out of me! Dagnabbit.

One day, I want to do this to somebody: point at the door and demand--no, command--for him/ her to leave.

What day is today anyway? Sunday? Yeah, I keep thinking it's Monday... sigh. Have I mentioned time distortion lately? Talk about a break taking its toll!

So this morning I woke up at stupid seven o' clock. To go run. At 8:30! But at least I was the one who actually wanted to run continually this time. It actually felt quite good to run, after not having done so for the past week and a half or so. Then we went to run again around 4:30 in the afternoon, my sister and I. I could see absolutely nothing. (I don't wear my glasses when I run.) But still it felt very invigorating. Who knows when our next little running escapade may take place? Otherwise, I very much look forward to the half marathon coming up on the 10th of January. What a way to begin the month (before school, anyway).

Back to watching "Sound of Music" without a parental jury changing the channels. And here I will leave you until the next time I have a whim to do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known