Strangely Gloomy

Today's weather is fair with clouds lingering and covering the sun in vain. Much less disastruous than that of yesterday and the day before.

I went to class today. For half an hour. Darn teacher. Afterward, I went to the East LA Skills Center, at which I completed a computer class last summer. That place was full of ex-convicts and old geezers, in case I haven't mentioned it a long time ago. It was kind of a scary place to be in at first, seeing as how I was the only teenager in my class. But as fate would have it (not that I really believe in fate or destiny), I met a girl my age there! So anyway. That has nothing to do with today, though. I went to pick up my certificate that was ready like, last September. After I got it, I asked the office lady if it was okay if I went inside to visit my teacher. As I opened the door to the classroom, the teacher saw me right away and said hi. So she did remember me! I was kind of surprised, to be honest, because I always thought that she's the kind of teacher who teaches a class and then forgets students afterward. How wrong I was. It was nice. We talked some, and then as I left her classroom, I remembered that I should get a transcript! So I was in the assistant principal's office for almost an hour getting that done. He was very nice, though.
Then I came home, ate lunch... An early one, at that. Then went back to school to pick up my sister then went to the supermercado (which I haven't been to in a long time), then went to Costco. I used to love going to Costco... But today, I was so... I don't even know. I didn't even want to be there anymore. I shouldn't have gone back with my mom earlier. But I did. So I had to face all these Costco-shoppers and their carts and the noise and the crowds and the people and the lack of space and I think I might be claustrophobic after all and I kind of had a headache too, which I am certain was due to a shortage of sleep from last night because I had to wake up at 6:30 this morning to finish up an essay for class. That was a horribly terrible run-on sentence. I apologize for that to those who actually care about grammar and usage.

So that Larissa Kelly on Jeopardy... She has won for three or four days in a row now! And apparently, her husband has been on the show before as well, but just never won so much. She is so incredibly smart! I want to be like her someday... (insert "lol")

Yesterday I got Lock and Key, the book that I have been wanting to read since last year, although it came out only last month, on the 22nd. The guy who sat next to me on the bus after school was holding this book with a very appealing green cover, and I asked if I could take a look at it. I turned it so I could see the side of the book, and it was LOCK AND KEY! I got excited right away and asked if I could have it. Have as in borrow, of course. And I'll just skip right to the meat of the story: I got it. I was surprised that he had it, though, because it's a girl book! But apparently, he reads a lot of girl books and watches girl movies. That's cool, though :) Oh, and just because I referred to that guy as "the guy" doesn't mean I don't know him. I wouldn't borrow anything from a stranger...!
I'm on page...40-ish now. I haven't read since six hours ago, though.

At this point, I really have nothing about which I wish to write or speak, so I shall go hide myself in a corner and read like the good girl nerd I am.
I was being so extremely sarcastic there.
Well, not really. I really do have nothing good to write about, and I am going to read. Or sleep. Just...not in a corner. That wouldn't be too comfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known