Reading Sunday

I woke up this morning at 9:04, then just stayed in bed, reading until 9:50. After the daily morning routines, except breakfast, I watched a bit of television and then proceeded to read again. I'd been reading all day until I finally finished the book at about 4:00. Such an unexpected turn of events! I can't believe that... Well, if you're going to read the book sometime, then skip over the next sentence; if you don't care, then whatever. I can't believe that the girl who has kept her sister alive after all these years ends up dying instead! It's so ironic! Super-irony, if there ever were such a thing. I would love to write a summary or review about this book, but I don't really feel like it. In one word: superb. It's freaking fantastic! I mean, not that the girl who was supposed to live dies and the girl who was supposed to die lives, but just the whole story. Though, I wouldn't expect any less from an author who..."received an A.B. in creative writing from Princeton and a master's degree in education from Harvard." Princeton AND Harvard! Princeton!! I want to be like her one day :)
Education- and writing-wise, I mean.

I'm currently waiting for another one of her books: Change of Heart. I think it came out just last month. I'm like, number high 100s on the wait list through the library system or whatever it's termed. I'm sure it's worth the wait, though.
Meanwhile, I still have Bless Me, Ultima. And I still have to obtain Lock and Key! I need to make myself a reading list for the summer. Pft, yeah, right... I'll probably just go to the library and pick up whatever books look interesting. Hmm, I also have my SAT II Mathematics books to look over before June 7th. Oh, joyous joy.

Cleveland lost to Boston today. It was yet another close game, but the former was losing during the whole second half anyway, if I remember correctly. At one point, I saw a guy holding up a blue and white sign proudly declaring, "It doesn't get any better than this!" A minute or so later, I said to no one in particular, "Yeah, it doesn't get any better than this!" The crowd was so energetic! Though I wasn't really. I was just sitting here at home, still reading the last pages of that splendid book.

Tengo hambre...
So I'm considering majoring in medicine sometime in the far-fetched, vast, and unpredictable future. Maybe, just maybe. One thing is for sure, though: English. Majoring in it, I mean. I've always known that I would double major, just never certain in what. I've told my mom a couple of times that I'd double major and go to graduate school (or whichever the order is) just to waste her money. Although, it wouldn't necessarily be a waste of money, right? It's investment! And it's not like I wouldn't contribute to my own tuition fees... We'll see when the time comes. That's what I say to a lot of things that have to do with the future (even the summer!) these days.

I really am rather ravenous. Dumb mints.

So it's now 6:17 in the evening... Prime time news! Well, a weird Chinese movie is on right now, so I guess I'll catch the news sometime later tonight. Being a news anchor would be fun. I once wanted to do that. When I was about ten years old. And again a few days ago while watching the news on channels 2, 5, and 7.

Anyway, I'm going to go and do something... probably shower, then do/review math. Tomorrow is English/language arts. Let's hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of reading passages. I despise reading passages. Reading comprehension is annoying.

Have a nice hot day/night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known