UCLA and Epiphanies

First of all, I will admit that I should be working on the biology notebook right now, seeing as how I probably will not have much time to do anything academic this weekend. But I simply did not and do not feel like doing so, so I decided to blog.

Second of all... Well, here begins my story of today!
I went on a field trip to UCLA for art class. Quite frankly, it was really dumb that we had to go from LA to Chatsworth, back to LA, again to Chatsworth, and finally back home to LA. Otherwise, it was fun. The Fowler museum houses so many exotic exhibits, and the Nick Cave one was just astoundingly different from any other artwork I have seen. You should go check it out sometime! Before my group had that tour, though, we went to a studio room, where we did arts and crafts modeled after Nick Cave's works. It had been so long since I had done arts and crafts, and after I figured out what I wanted to do, I just did not want to stop! Unfortunately, after about twenty-five minutes, we had to clean up because the other group was early. Darn the other group! But yeah, that was my favorite part of the day. It made me want to go purchase arts and crafts supplies to start a project, but I know that the urge to do so won't last long, so I think I will just let the epiphany subside.
During lunch, S came to visit me! Hold that thought. Before she arrived, I purchased a double bacon and swiss burger (whatever it's called) with fries and a soda for $5.65, which I thought was a pretty good deal. The burger was enormous, and the fries were exceptional. I could finish neither one, haha. But yeah, while in the sculpture garden after lunch, S and I talked for a good half hour, at least. I didn't really think of it then, but now I realize how nice it was to catch up with her. :)
As for the title of this post... I really like UCLA. I just wish it weren't so darn close to home. S told me that once you move into your dormitory, it doesn't matter how close school is to home, because you are living at school. I hadn't thought about it from that perspective, but I guess it makes sense. My mother persistently nags me to attend UCLA, but we shall see about that.

Ahh, I am not looking forward to this weekend. But I am looking forward to it to being over. Tomorrow, I am going to wake up early (around seven) to go volunteer from eight to noon. Then I shall be out and about until about five, at the earliest. Then I must sleep early to wake up even earlier (around five) for the stupid "Friendship Run". Darn the run. I hope I will finish it alive and well, unlike last year (pertaining to the latter part).
And then there's the four-chapter biology notebook and the test on Monday. How glorious.

I think I am going to register for the Firecracker Run for next Sunday. Thirty-three dollars as opposed to free... Hmm. Oh, well. But if the t-shirt is not included at the end, then I shall not do it. The Firecracker Run t-shirt is one of my favorites. Speaking of which, I voted yesterday for one of five designs for this year's LA Marathon t-shirt, which I don't know if SRLA students will even get.
https://99designs.wufoo.com/forms/vote-for-your-favorite-la-marathon-tshirt/

It is now 6:54 p.m. I shall get ready to head out.

Until next time...
The best way out is always through.
-Robert Frost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known