Epistolary Mode

Tonight, I feel quite the contrary to what I felt the day of the previous post. I feel like writing a letter to each significant person in my life. Is that weird? Because this is not the first time I have felt this way. I do write the letters sometimes. In my mind, of course. And then I get absolutely no reply.

In any case... I feel like WRITING tonight. And I love this feeling. You would think that whatever I will write tonight would be meaningful because of my aforementioned urge. But we shall see.

Today, I took my FINAL SAT. I had always told myself I would never take any SAT after October 2009, but things rarely ever work as planned. And truth be told, I had been afraid of regretting not registering for this SAT. So when I found out that the late registration deadline had been extended, I saw that as a sign. Usually, I can predict the approximate score I will get right after I take a test. I do not remember if I was able to do so the first two times I took this test, but today, I am just completely oblivious. Probably because I know that it was my last one. And it feels so darn good to have finished all this testing. Oh, wait, notwithstanding AP exams in May... Ah, the transience of such pleasant feelings is such a disappointment. In any case, I wanted to celebrate with Yogurtland, but unfortunately I had nobody to go with. Plus, today was so cold!

What I am about to say might shock some of you. So if you are sensitive to what may be astounding information, I advise that you skip the rest of this paragraph. Here I go! I have learned to enjoy listening to rap music. It may sound vulgar or nonsensical, but if you really listen, most rap songs have such meaningful lyrics that totally defy the stereotypes of rap music and, even more, rap artists.

Lately, I have also learned to APPRECIATE. Hence, I have been saying "I really appreciate that..." very often. And I have recognized some qualities about me that I appreciate. For instance, my diversity in interests--academic, social, cultural, musical, et cetera. Let's take cultural for a more particular case. AP Spanish Language. I didn' take this to have another AP class, nor did I take it as another building block for my college applications (I really do not appreciate that people do this for the sole purpose of college applications; that's just dumb). I took it because I actually want to learn the culture and language. And I'll let you in on something--I plan to minor in Spanish during my postsecondary education years. :)

I'm starting to bore myself with my talking.
I shall try to talk more next time... and do this before I want to go to sleep. Haha.

Check this out:

http://i.imgur.com/nKAog.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known