This Week

I feel like I haven't done this in so long, what with so many other more important matters in the way lately. Actually, I should be tending to some of those matters right now, but it's almost half past midnight, so I'll just indulge myself in whatever until I go to sleep.

Today marked the end of the third week of school. Third week?! Do you know what that means? It means 37 weeks to go... Dagnabbit. Anyway, here's a brief overview of what occurred in my life this week:
Monday--I woke up thinking that my cough was almost gone, until I got to second/third period and started coughing again. I think this was also the day I became EiC for journalism (yay?) Not much that day, because I really don't like Mondays to begin with.
For Spanish, we had what I thought was going to be a recitation test but actually ended up to be a written (by memory) test on the poem "A Margarita" by Ruben Dario. It was a bit surprising, but both ways would have worked fine for me.
Tuesday--a PD day! Better than Monday because of its length (or lack thereof); came home, watched "General Hospital", worked on bio.
After class, Ms. G checked my notebook for the "pop quiz" that she had given just a few minutes before, and as I approached her, she asked me if I understood everything, and when I said yes, she just dubiously questioned, "Are you sure...?" I again said yes, and she still didn't seem to believe me. Hmph.
Wednesday--I actually stayed after school for Deca. People were surprised to find out that I'm still even in that class, lol. Staying after school gets pretty lonely when nobody stays with you, I realized not for the first time.
Ms. G showed us our grades from the "A Margarita" test and after she showed me my A+, she went to the front of the classroom and declared in Spanish, "This is what an impeccable paper looks like! It's neat, it's accurate...blahblahblah."
And people asked, "Whose is it?"
She said, "It's Wendy's."
"Wendy? WHO'S WENDY?"
So the girl next to me and Ms. G pointed at me, and people curiously said, "Oh..." and proceeded to stare at me. Yay?
Thursday--I actually stayed after school two days in a row! But this was for an SRLA practice run. It was SO hot, and we had to run THREE MILES in the MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON. Therefore, I walked half of it (if not more) and then just sat and wasted time because I had forgotten to bring my bio book to school. It was essentially a good day until SRLA practice.
Today--Thank Buddha it's Friday, man. I had been looking forward to a Friday for so long! Hmm, any major events...? Nah, not particularly. Oh, I didn't fall asleep in bio today! Bravo to me! Ms. K's colored pencils for her AP Studio Art students are so darn nice...expensive, but very nice. And we got our tube things today, so we actually had to bring our projects home to work on, haha. And ROCK was fun(ny).

Oh, oops. I suppose everything seemed so much more colorful and exciting as they happenened and shortly thereafter. I had predicted that when I do this, nothing will seem fun. And nothing does seem very fun, huh? My error, my error...

Right, yesterday was National Punctuation Day. Try to punctuate the following!

that that is is that that is not is not is that not is it

woman without her man is nothing

I could totally rant about the class name, motto, and colors right now. But I must put a pause to this because my mother is beginning to yell at me to go sleep. Darn it.
Maybe next time.

I need a love song right now
Don't need no ring tone songs now
Please tell the DJ, slow it down
I want an old school tape, a slow jam
You know, the kind where they used to romance...
and the world needs to fall in love again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known