Edge of Eternity

Happy month of September to you all!

It would be redundant and cliche for me to start reflecting on how quickly the time passes by and how quickly school will soon resume. So I will give my best effort to refrain from doing so for the remainder of tonight's blog.

Procrastination. I had been doing so well evading it until this summer. AP Biology haunts my thoughts and my plans, and I don't like it. Quite frankly, I had sort of been hoping that journalism would be fifth period so that I could have a legitimate excuse to stop the reading (not like I've done much anyway) and do whatever I wish until the evening of September 8, 2009. But the disappointing news arrived in my email inbox today, and it seems that I will have to read the chapters, whether or not I like to. Darn it.

Today, I went to the optometrist's for my third pair of trial contact lenses. The first pair, which I had worn for two weeks, gave me good vision, but the comfort was questionable. The second pair, which I had worn for one week, didn't give me as good vision as the first, but the comfort was indubitable. Today's pair, on the other hand, was just plain painful. Long story short, I do not plan to wear those anymore, because like I have said many times before, I don't like to suffer when I don't have to. Good thing I still have the first two pairs on hand.
What I have learned: the downside of contact lenses--red eyes. My eyes had never been so red so often. And then there's the fact that I can't rub my eyes however whenever I want when I'm wearing them. Plus, in just a matter of days, I'm going to have to wake up five minutes earlier than I used to just to put the lenses on. The upside? Simple--no glasses.
My eyes are so tired right now... :(

Even though I don't particularly want to, I'm attending the ISA thing in San Gabriel on Sunday. For those of you who don't know what that is, don't bother looking it up, because, well, it's nothing big. For those of you who do know what that is, I have a VIP ticket. You'd think I'd be a bit more enthusiastic about that, but I'm not. I would have been just fine with a regular $20 ticket... Or none at all, actually. But whatever. I just hope that the $50 my sister spent on my ticket (with our dad's credit card, of course...) is worth its cost, because $50 could buy me a new backpack as well as a new pair of jeans or a nice shirt.

Man, just when I finally have the television to myself on this Wednesday night at ten, there is no "new" episode of "CSI: NY". So I'm just listening to "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" as I'm doing this. Or maybe I'm doing this because I'm not listening to it... Huh.

Ah, so little time, so much to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known