The Unknown

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.


-
Donald Henry Rumsfeld

I came across this poem from another blog that so happened to appear on the blog page thing, and I liked it, so I thought I'd share it with you. It makes very good sense, if you understand it.

I've been sitting here for about four hours, making a highly unsuccessful attempt at doing my chemistry investigation. I still have all that math homework left, because last night, instead of doing homework, I'd wanted to talk on the phone, and since I did, I now have two math assignments calling out my name. Or not. Though, seeing as how I'm lacking progress here, I figured I'd make use of my time (or lack thereof) and blog. I'm sitting in a very weird position that I know for sure is going to make my back feel odd later on. Not to mention my leg.
Something's bothering me. And that's beside that I'm being "monitored" by somebody and that that somebody persists that I sit at the desk next to the computer rather than here at the computer because it's lagging my homework progress. Anyhow, what's bothering me is this: I realized only today that I don't like it when people lie to me. I mean, jokes are perfectly fine. There is a fine, fine line between a joke and a lie, though. I discovered something about half an hour ago, I suppose, that kind of infuriated me to a very short extent (oxymoron!). Somebody here took my oh so precious mints that I'd bought two weeks ago. I'd eaten only one roll of them (it was a pack of five rolls), and the next day when I went to my drawer in anticipation of one, I found them. Gone. I'd assumed that it was either of my parents, and I got kind of upset about it for a little while, but I got over it. Then a few days later, my sister and I were talking, and she mentioned something pertaining to something that related to what was on my mind. So I told her the mint thing, and she said something along the line of "Yeah, it could have been them." I'd thought she didn't know I had them, so I didn't think anything of it when she "jokingly" said, "Or it could be me." I kept asking her if she really had it, because I "missed" them, but she said, "Gosh, I was just kidding." Something like that. So I let it go. Then at first, while I was just lazily lying on her bed for no reason, I saw... MINT WRAPPERS at her headboard thing. Okay, now you totally know who I was referring to when I'd claimed "somebody". Geez, she could have just told me that she took them. So, yeah, even though they're just mints, it made me realize how much a lie can bother me.

I think that at the moment, I have a lot on my mind. And a lot on my "to-do" list. I'm feeling extremely sleepy right now. I went to sleep at midnight last night (at the brink of falling asleep at 12:07, to be exact) and was so rudely awaken by a screaming-the-time voice at 9:38 today.
Now one of my friends is commanding me to do my homework. So I shall. But not because he's saying so. I shall re-blog sometime tonight, hopefully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known