Bridges


Some people act like they're the only ones with things to deal with. Well, those people need to build a bridge and get over it. Or at least over themselves, because everybody around them has things to deal with, too. But not everybody is complaining. So suck it up and deal with it. Silently and privately, please.

I don't really mean that. I'm just feeling very bitter right now, and my stomach hurts from stress even though my "stress day of the quarter" (I really have only one or two every quarter) is over. But seriously, some people act like they're the only busy ones and like they're the only ones with things to deal with, but that's not the case. They just keep displacing blame from themselves to whatever tasks they have, but it isn't like other people don't have similar--if not the same or more difficult--tasks. Why can't they just man up and admit that they forget plans or they simply don't want to make plans? Why can't they spend time talking about what they're doing instead of complaining about how busy they always are? I don't even know if any of this makes any sense, but I just feel so unsettled right now. My stomach really should not be hurting from stress, and yet, it's telling me that I've been stressing way too much. SINCE AFTER MY MIDTERM. Go figure.

The whole week, I planned to do something fun and exciting after my midterm this evening. But I ended up stressing out.
My day wasn't entirely horrible, though. I started it with getting a free flu shot (courtesy of UCLA's Ashe Center) right before work. From filling out the form and showing my Bruin card to pulling up my sleeve and getting the vaccination, the process took less than five minutes! I was extremely pleased and went into work with a new bandage on my right deltoid and a smile on my face. Fast forward several hours, and I was in the Anderson Rosenfeld Library studying for the management midterm with my friend. I suspect that if it weren't for him, I would have just gone crazy in there by myself. While I knew I wasn't ready for the exam, I was jittery and excited to take it and get it over with. As soon as I had computer access, I changed my grading basis from letter grade to pass/ no pass for that class, which means that I am no longer going to pursue the accounting minor. I don't dislike accounting--I simply (and lazily) do not like to have to think that way, which is logically and numerically. I quite enjoy it, but not the pressure in its company.

Tomorrow's going to be an easy day, with only work from 1-5 p.m. Then I'll be absolutely free--aside from some reading and writing for my education class as well as an application I want to do. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow morning and for at least one morning over the weekend. Life has been stressful this week. But I know I'm not the only one who's had a stressful week.

Relevant song of the night:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known