Driving

Apparently, I'm an emotional driver.

I'm sure it started only recently, when I started to have to endure traffic on a regular basis and my sleeping hours diminished as working hours piled on. I thought I would be happy to have a job (or two), but I admit it: I'm miserable. It's been only one day of working two jobs at once, and two nights of thinking about quitting one, and I am an emotional wreck. And it doesn't help that the water turned off in the middle of my shower and that twice in one week I almost hit another car (neither time my fault)! And then, people stop at a red light on a two-lane road and don't signal left until the light turns green, leaving the non-turning driver behind to have to wait or go to the right lane--in which case waiting might still be required. Impatience most likely plays a huge role in this. I was doing so well with developing better patience, too!

So I haven't written in about a month, and I haven't read (for pleasure) in about a year... and a half? Or two? I could say that I wasted my whole summer, but I didn't!
I miss China and the daily adventures we had. Heck, I even miss the classes a little bit. Frankly, China wouldn't have been the same experience had we not had class, so yay! I don't even know if I'm making sense. My writing is extremely rusty, sorry.

Lately, I have been playing Words with Friends more often than I should. I also baked quite frequently, until D went back to school. Since then, we have baked only once, but that turned out quite deliciously. I still want to make the very lemony crunch cake and the coffee and hazelnut cake before I move back into the dorm on Sunday, though.
Oh, the dorm. I cannot say I haven't been missing school. I must also admit that I miss being around crowds of people sometimes. I can't wait to start classes again, though I again no longer know what to do in terms of academics and major(s)/ minor(s). Goodness me.

I don't really feel like writing anymore because I'm ashamed of my regression. :(

But here's a song I heard on the radio and fell in love with during the drive home today.

I can't say that the lyrics ring true to me, though, because apparently, I'm way too predictable and transparent... Go figure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known