College, 2

I miss The Boiling Crab. I REALLY, REALLY want to de-shell those succulent shrimps and dip each one into pepper/ lemon juice and then pick at Cajun fries.

Other than that, I'm disappointed that I haven't been wanting to write these days. I haven't even been doing very much these past few days, other than walking around and eating and working out. And sitting around. Doing nothing. I brought my journal with me and put it in my desk drawer, expecting to write often. Yet, I have written none. Goodness.

Today at dinner, something out of the ordinary occurred. J and I went to the "frozen yogurt" machine because we wanted to feel better by not getting "soft serve ice cream". We each got a cone and walked over to the frozen yogurt machine. I went first and pulled the strawberry lever. All of a sudden, pink liquid SPLATTERED all over the place. The cone toppled in my hands and I dropped it onto the bottom of the machine. Pink puddles of not so frozen yogurt invaded the floor and J and me. We were ATTACKED by a frozen yogurt MACHINE. But only K saw us and got a great, long laugh out of it. Shocked, sticky, and sweet, we surrendered to that devil and walked over to the soft serve machine and got vanilla ice cream on a cone and left Hedrick Dining Hall.
This happened the night after J and I got kicked out of that place, too! Last night, we made it in time for dinnertime with six minutes left. We ate slowly and talked, and at 9:40, a lady came by and said, "Ladies, it's about that time." So we got up to go put our plates away on the conveyor thing, and a guy was standing there watching us, looking like he wanted to just take the plates from us because the machine was already empty. And then an old man came and glared at us and asked why we didn't put them on trays. THERE ARE NO TRAYS IN THAT HALL! Finally, we put our stuff down and left in a hurry because the place was completely void of students.

Today, I also took advantage of Jamba Juice's BOGO. The very last time until a long time later. But I tried a new smoothie! Pomegranate pick-me-up is good. But not as good as caribbean passion! Yum.

Yesterday, I started going to the gym with J. It was just cardio yesterday, but today, we explored the weights area. I learned in just two seconds that that's where all the males dwell. And therefore, that's where the gym smells the worst. Nasty, man. But I guess at least that means that they work hard to work out... I only hope that they all shower right afterward. But I hope to go to the gym on a regular basis (daily would be nice) and get back into shape and even train for the marathon again. Yay!

Class begins tomorrow, and I am not excited. Strangely, I keep forgetting about class and when I remember, I undermine the importance of class, probably because I haven't attended a class in over three months and I'm already so used to having nothing to do in college. Quite frankly, I kind of wish that college would be just like the past few days: walking, eating, relaxing, watching television, working out, going out, sleeping. Oh, well. Education is what I'm paying for. I'm actually extremely excited for my oceanography class. I ordered $35.75 of reading books for English today. And I'm still missing the $15 textbook that I cannot find on any site. Oh, well.

I can't wait to go to the gym again tomorrow. Now I know where everything I need (to use) is! I'm sad knowing that I won't be able to go to any gym on the weekend because I'm going home. But hopefully, I will still go run.

Hmm, I'm getting sleepy already. So, good night, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known