Report

So I sort of forgot to report back after the marathon to tell you all that I survived it. Barely, but hey, I'm still here, aren't I? And I bet you're glad of that.

This week seeps with business and plans. On my mental calendar, anyway.
tomorrow: calculus quiz, chemistry lab (I really have no idea what's going on), Deca econ test
Wednesday: senior awards night or sushi-making night (somehow, the latter appeals more)
Thursday: grad nite (there goes a day of sleep)
Friday: Deca speech/ interview final
Saturday: the ever dreaded SAT, about which I already feel absolutely awful because I never studied

A tentative preview at next week and thereafter:
Friday: Deca banquet
Saturday: ACT, same comment as with the SAT
the following Thursday: graduation
the following Friday: finally, the last day of school (for sensible people who won't go to school on Monday, anyway)

Why, oh why isn't high school over yet?

So, I've fallen in love with Stanford University. And to think that all I wanted to do was go to some random college somewhere on the East Coast. Now all I have to do are improve my grades and scores (even I myself guffaw at that hilarious joke), apply, and cross my fingers. Yay. In other news, I'm just relieved that I found a school I actually like. Hopefully I'll have the chance to go visit more schools over the summer. As an excuse to fly somewhere, haha.

Last week, I got sunburned for the first time. I didn't even realize it until the night after the marathon. Now it's just disgustingly itchy and flaky. I know, right? Nasty.

What am I doing with my life? What are you doing with your life? Living it, I hope. But yeah, really, though. There are days when I know exactly what I want to do, what I want to have in the near future and sometimes if I'm lucky, even in the far future. And then there are days when I stand in complete oblivion and mindlessly go around and around the same questions. Although, I suppose (hope) that this is acceptable because I'm still "young" and I "still have time" to figure things out.

asdfjkl;
Things to look forward to this month (it's June!):
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen, my favorite author
"My Sister's Keeper" from book by Jodi Picoult, another wonderful author
"Up" one of these days
the last day of school (for this year, anyway)!


I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes.
-Sara Teasdale

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
-John Lennon

http://www.weneedtostop.com/image001.jpg
Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said... Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about T1D

Becoming Happier

Things I Wish I'd Known